So you need your name cleared from the CRB list after repaying your Timiza loan? Especially if you require your batch number, this process will help you.
Sometimes the process can take too long! Here is how you can go about getting your name cleared from CRB quickly.
Before you proceed to clear your name, you must meet the following factors:
- Make sure you are not negatively listed on CRB by other lenders.
- Wait at least 7 working days after repaying your Timiza loan.
- Contacted Timiza by ABSA to find out the status of your account.
step 1: Confirm you are not negatively listed by other lenders on CRB
After making your full payment of the borrowed loan to Timiza, make sure you aren’t listed by other loan providers and lenders. To confirm you are not listed, follow these steps to check your CRB status.
Step 2: Wait at least 7 working days for your request to be processed
It takes at least 3 working days to fully process your loan repayment and for Timiza to send the batch number to CRB. When it comes to working days, please note weekends are not included i.e. Saturday and Sundays aren’t included.
In addition to that, it takes between 24 and 48 hours for credit institutions to update an individual’s CRB status.
So make sure you’ve waited at least 7 working days for the whole process to complete successfully.
Step 3: Contact Timiza to confirm loan repayment status
Contact Timiza customer care to confirm if the payment has been reflected in their system. The Fastest way to talk to a Timiza representative is through the inbuilt chat support inside the app. Other ways to contact Timiza customer care can be found here.
Now let’s continue.
To clear your name from CRB after fully repaying your Timiza loan, follow the steps below:
How to clear your name from CRB blacklist after paying Timiza loan
Follow these steps;
- Check your CRB status through creditInfo, Metropol, or Transunion.
- Take note of the loan institutions that have listed you i.e. Timiza or any other
- Make full payment of the amount that you owe to the loan lending company in this case Timiza.
- Wait for 3 working days for Timiza by ABSA to process payment and send the updated list to CRB.
- Contact Timiza concerning the listing you on CRB because of defaulting and inquire about the status.
- Finally, check your CRB status to confirm if you have been removed from the blacklist.
Note: For your name to be removed from CRB, you must clear all the amounts you owe to the credit companies that have listed you. Credit companies refer to where you borrowed money as a loan for example banks, mobile loan apps or saccos.
How to get your batch number
The fastest way to get your batch number after clearing your Timiza loan is to contact Timiza customer care.
Make sure you have given them up to 7 working days after you have paid your outstanding loan.
Another issue that can come is being wrongfully listed by Timiza on CRB.
So, if you are disputing the negative listing on the CRB blacklist by Timiza, here is how to formally dispute a wrongful listing.
How to dispute a wrong listing on CRB by Timiza
Here are the steps to follow:
- Contact the CRB which you got the report from i.e. creditinfo, Metropol, or Transunion and inform them of the wrongful listing by Timiza.
- The CRB will then issue you, the borrower, with a form in which you can highlight the wrong information.
- The CRB will then contact Timiza by ABSA who provided the information to confirm how accurate it is.
- From here, Timiza mobile will be required to investigate the complaint of erroneous information.
- Timiza by ABSA has fourteen (14) days to investigate and respond to your claims.
After the process is has been followed successfully, Timza will do either one of the following:
- Confirming the information is correct and thus remain as is;
- Confirming the information is incorrect (erroneous) and hence should be deleted; or
- Confirming the information is not up-to-date, and sends in the correct and up-to-date status (information.)
So to launch a complaint about a wrongful listing on CRB by Timiza, you start by filing a dispute with the bureau (CRB). The bureau gets in touch with the listing institution, in this case, Timiza by ABSA, and submits the dispute with them.
Hope this information was helpful.
Did you find this article helpful? Then don’t forget to leave a like on our Facebook page or follow our twitter page. Also without a doubt share with a friend you would like to saidia. And feel free to leave a comment below.