Need to check your status to find out if you are listed on CRB? Then this article will take you step by step on how to do that.
Getting to know if you are listed on CRB is very important as it helps you know if you will be able to qualify for a loan.
You can check your status using 3 different CRBs, creditinfo, Metropol, or Transunion.
Each of these bureaus allows you to check your status either using SMS, android app, or on their website.
Below, find out how to check if you are listed on CRB.
Check your CRB status on Transunion
Below find steps on how to check your CRB status on your mobile phone
- Open a new SMS on your phone.
- Enter 21272 as the number to send to.
- Next, enter your name.
- Hit the send button.
- Once you have done this, you will receive an SMS from Transunion to register for an account by paying 50 Ksh to paybill number ******
- Complete the registration and Pay amount by following these steps.
- Next, you will receive an SMS confirming you have made payment.
- You can now text CS to get your credit score or download the Transunion Nipashe.
- You will receive an SMS showing your credit status on CRB.
Check your CRB status using Transunion nipashe app
- Download and install the Nipashe app on your phone
- Key in Transunion verification code.
- Access the CRB service on their app which includes score, loan accounts, credit report and clearance.
Check your status using Metropol CRB
- Dial *433# on your phone.
- Select Listing status by Pressing 1 (Credit score, Credit report, clearance certificate, who has listed me)
- Input your PIN (or if you have forgotten it Press 1 to reset. A new PIN will be sent to you via SMS)
- Press 1 to confirm if you want to order for listing status.
- You will be asked to pay Ksh 50 using MPESA to get your listing status, Press 1. (Or press 0 to receive CRB payment instructions via SMS)
- Complete payment using m-pesa.
- You will receive a message from Metropol confirming payment has been received.
- Finally, you will receive a message confirming whether or not you are listed on CRB.
There are many ways which to check if you have been listed on CRB. When you do this, you get to know your status. The three major players in the credit information market in Kenya offer you a way to check your status. These are Metropol, TransUnion and creditInfo CRB.