Transunion is one of the three main players in the Kenya CRB space. Their mission is to help people gain access to opportunities that can improve their quality of life. Need to get your credit report from TransUnion, or know your status report? This is all covered here. Including how to get your clearance certificate from CRB.
They offer information on credit i.e. loans and debt to both businesses and consumers. For consumers, TransUnion provides information resources and tools on credit history and financial reputation.
This information is offered in partnership with banks, healthcare providers, property managers, and other companies. TransUnion CRB operates in 8 countries in Africa. These are Kenya, Botswana, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Malawi.
The CRB service offered by Metropol Kenya CRB is called nipashe service. This service can be accessed either by SMS or by using their nipashe app found on google play store. The SMS service costs 19 KSH for each message you send.
How to register on Transunion CRB
This is how you register on transunion CRB through SMS
- Send an SMS to 21272 with your full names as they appear on your National ID
- You will receive a message from Transunion Nipashe asking you to register by paying Ksh 50
- Open mpesa on your phone.
- Select lipa na mpesa.
- Choose paybill
- Enter business number 212121, Press OK
- Next, enter account number which is your National ID number, Press OK
- Enter amount 50, and press OK.
- Now Enter M-PESA PIN, press OK.
- Confirm the you are paying ‘Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd’
- Press Send
- M-pesa will confirm payment was successful.
- You will receive a message from Transunion confirming that registration is successful.
How to download the Transunion nipashe app
Once you’ve registered on transunion CRB, you can download and access the Transunion app by following these steps.
- Open the google playstore on your phone.
- Search for TransUnion nipashe
- Select TransUnion nipashe
- Press install
- Wait for the app to download and install on your phone.
- Open the app.
Check your CRB status in Kenya with Transunion
Need to check your CRB status online? The Transunion CRB offers this service to customers.
You can access your CRB status through the following methods:
- Sending an SMS to 21272
- Using the TransUnion Nipashe CRB app
How to check your CRB status via SMS
Follow these steps to check your CRB status on Transunion via SMS
- Open a new SMS on your phone.
- Enter 21272 as the number to send to.
- Next, enter your name.
- Hit the send button.
- Once you have done this, you will receive an SMS from Transunion to register for an account by paying 50 Ksh to paybill number 212121
- Complete the registration and Pay amount by following these steps.
- Next, you will receive an SMS confirming you have made payment.
- You can now text CS to get your credit score or download the Transunion Nipashe.
- You will receive an SMS showing you credit status on CRB.
How to check your CRB status using Transunion Nipashe app
This is the process of how to check your CRB status using the Transunion nipashe app.
- Download and install the Nipashe app on your phone
- Key in Transunion verification code.
- Access the CRB service on their app which includes score, loan accounts, credit report and clearance.
Download Credit report through Transunion CRB
To get your credit report using transunion, follow these steps.
Send an SMS to 21272 with your full names as they appear on your National ID
You will receive a message from Transunion Nipashe asking you to register by paying Ksh 50
Open mpesa on your phone.
Select lipa na mpesa.
Enter business number 212121, Press OK
Next, enter account number which is your National ID number, Press OK
Enter amount 50, and press OK.
Now Enter M-PESA PIN, press OK.
Confirm the you are paying ‘Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd’
M-pesa will confirm payment was successful.
You will receive a message from Transunion confirming that registration is successful.
Next, send a new SMS to 21272 with CS. (CS means credit Status)
Send M to 21272 in a new message (M means more)
Send CR to 21272 (CR means Credit report.)
Reply with your email address
Your credit report will be sent to your email address.
Log on to your email address and download your Credit report.
You can also get your report from the TransUnion nipashe android app after you download from the google play store
Get clearance certificate
Now, to get your clearance certificate using for CRB using transunion, these are the steps you need to follow:
Send an SMS to 21272 with your Full Name as it appears on your ID. (SMS is charged at Ksh 19 each)
Next, you will receive an SMS from Transunion asking you to register.
Register on Transunion CRB by paying Ksh 50 to paybill No: 212121.
Use your ID No as the acc No. [Follow these steps to register on Transunion nipashe service]
Once you complete the registration process, you receive a message from Transunion for successful registration.
Make a payment of ksh 2,220 to mpesa paybill number 212121
Email the mpesa transaction details to [email protected]
Check your email address for the clearance certificate.
NOTE: You can also complete the process via SMS. To do it using SMS, send CS to 21272. (NOTE: Each SMS costs ksh 19, make sure you have enough credit loaded)
Transunion CRB Contact, telephone number and location
Here is how you can contact Transunion CRB for customer support
- Delta Towers, Waiyaki Way Westlands
- Telephone number: 020 7603752
- Website: www.transunionafrica.com/kenya
TransUnion CRB is a major player in the credit bureau industry in Kenya. As a credit reference bureau it offers products such as credit reports, credit scores and credit status. To access these products, you need to register on the transUnion nipashe service which charges a small fee of ksh 50. They also have an android app, TransUnion nipashe, that you can download from the google playstore.
To conclude, TransUnion offers reliable credit bureau services at an affordable price that are easy to use.
Was this article helpful? Then share it on social media to saidia others.