Okash loan app: download, install and apply for an okash loan
Okash loan app is one of the most downloaded money lending apps in Kenya. With over 1 million downloads on the google playstore, the instant loan apps is easy to download and use. Not only that, it offers users who qualify loans instantly and quickly directly to their mpesa accounts.
Are you in need of a quick instant loan through mpesa from an app like okash loan app? Then you have come to the right place. When it comes to applying for an instant mpesa loan, you need to follow the right steps in order to apply and qualify.
Not only that, you need to know all the requirements and tools to have in order to have a smooth loan application process. That is what you will find here. We take you through the whole process of downloading, installing and applying for an Okash loan.
Here is the thing with financial emergencies, you never see them coming.
Mara tokens za stima zimeisha, gas finishes or you have a medical emergency. You can feel very overwhelmed and helpless when you are in such situations.
So what can you do about it? That is where the Okash app comes in, giving users instant mobile loans in Kenya without security. This is possible because the loan app deposits this money directly to your phone through safaricom mpesa account.
So how do you go about this process of getting quick mobile loans in Kenya step by step? Below we take you through the details of installing, applying and qualifying for a mobile loan through Okash.
Here is what you need to use the okash loan app?
You will need the following:
- A mobile phone and it should be an android smartphone.
- Be recognised as an adult in Kenya and be between 20-55 years old.
- Have a valid national ID or Passport
- Be a registered Safaricom line.
- Have m-pesa active on your android phone.
- You’ll need to have a steady income.
- Also, be using your Mpesa frequently.
- Having a steady source of income also helps.
Now, after you meet these qualifications, then it’s time to get the okash app on your phone. Check out how to do this below.
How to download okash loan app on your phone?
Follow these steps to download the loan app:
- Open the ‘google playstore‘
- Type Okash loan
- Press ‘install‘
- Wait for it to download and install on your phone.
- Accept the privacy and permissions.
- open the okash loan app.
- Next ‘sign up’ or ‘sign in’.
After successfully completing the download and installation process of Okash, you will now need to register for an account. Registering for an account enables you to login and start using this mobile loan app and it’s features.
How to register on okash app?
Follow these steps to register on okash
- Make sure you [Link to okash download]download and install the app.
- Open okash on your phone.
- Once the app has opened, you’ll be asked to ‘sign up’ or to ‘sign in’.
- Select sign up.
- You’ll be asked to ‘create your okash account’
- Now, input your Safaricom number i.e. +254 *** *** *** and press next. This will act as your okash account number.
- Okash will now send you a 6 digit verification code.
- Next, enter the 6 digit verification code and press next.
- You’ll now be asked to create a 4-digit password.
- Type in a 4 digit password twice and make sure they match
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Next press ‘sign up’
Use this okash Promotion code on the app 🙂
You can support saidia by entering the following promotion code ADEJZA. That way, it will enable us to continue providing informative content like this. Thank you.
Here is how you use the okash promo code:
- Open and log in to the okash app.
- Select the menu on the top left corner.
- Next, select ‘Promo code’
- Enter the code ADEJZA
- Select ‘Apply code’
That way you have supported saidia and the saidia team. Hapo sawa.
Filling in your profile on okash
Now you need to fill in ‘My Profile’. Follow these steps.
- Input your full name ‘First name’ ‘Last name’
- Next, proceed to input your Id number
- After this, you will then put in your date of birth.
- Okash also asks you about your education level i.e. Primary school and Below, High School, certificate, diploma, graduate or post graduate / Professional, put this in.
- Next, you will need to fill in your ‘monthly income’ ranging from less than 5,000 to above 25,000.
- Now, you’ll be asked ‘do you have any outstanding loans’
- Press next.
- You’ll be asked ‘Please select martial status'(single, married, divorced, widowed, other)
- Please select employment details. (permanent, private practice, self-employed, contract, part-time, unemployed, other)
- Please select residential status. (Permanent, private Practice, self-employed, contract, part-time, unemployed, other)
- Next, enter your ‘Referee’s Full Legal Name’ and also ‘referee’s mobile number’
How to apply for a loan on okash app:
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the okash app on your android phone.
- Log in to the okash app.
- You will see the loan amount you qualify for.
- Select loan amount you need.
- Next, select repayment terms: 14 days –
- Check your loan details. These include the Origination fees, Disbursed and Repayment.
- Fill in the ‘Loan Purpose.‘ Okash wants to know what you will use the loan for is it Education, medical, rent, travel, business, goods, events, household and other.
- Next confirm ‘welcome to potrait authentications’
Process of repaying your Okash loan:
To repay your okash follow this steps.
- Check the amount you need to repay for your loan.
- Open m-pesa menu on your phone.
- Next select Lipa na mpesa.
- Choose the paybill option.
- Enter the paybill number 612224
- Input your account number, this is your safaricom number *** *** *** that you used to register on okash.
- Next enter the amount
- Put in your mpesa pin.
- Press OK.
- Wait for the confirmation sms from m-pesa.
- Okash will also send you a confirmation message.
Once you have applied and qualified for a loan, it is important you make sure you repay in good time. By doing this you avoid unnecessary fines for late payment, maintain good credit score and also increase chances of qualifying for more loans.
The repayment period for a loan borrowed from okash is 14 days. It is a short period and many have complained. However, in their comments on google playstore they have promised to work on this.
Do you have an issue that you need to be addressed by the okash customer care? Here is how you can get in touch with them.
To contact okash, you can reach them on their telephone number 020 765 99 88.
Do you need to write an email to the Okash team? Then you can write to them using their email address [email protected].
The customer service team can also be reached on social media through their official twitter page
Find out what people are saying about the okash app by reading the review about it on saidia.
Okash mpesa paybill number:
The okash loan app has an mpesa paybill no 612224 that you can use to make deposits when paying back the loan you borrowed. A convenient and fast way to repay your loan.
Okash maximum and minimum Loan amounts:
There is a maximum and minimum amount of money that you can qualify for when you apply for a loan on the okash loan app. However, this amount of money depends on a number of things that are the app will determine.
How much can you qualify for using the okash loan app?
The maximum amount of money that you can borrow from the okash app is Ksh. 50,000 once you qualify. The minimum amount of money you can borrow from the loan app is Ksh. 2,500. Note, this applies for the Kenyan market.
What is the okash loan repayment period?
With the okash loan app, loan repayment periods are different and come in three types. On the app you can select either a 61 day loan payment, 91 day loan payment or a 365 day loan payment. Each of the loan repayment terms come with specific loan payment terms.
How much interest do you pay on the okash loan?
When you borrow money using this loan app they will charge you interest on the amount. The amount of interest you pay depends on the repayment period you select for your loan on the loan app.
With the Okash app, if you take a 61-day loan, you will pay an interest rate of 10 -20%. A 91-day loan will attract an interest rate of 15-25%. And finally, a one year loan (365 days) will have an interest rate of 20-30%.
For example: If the loan amount is KSH 10,000 the loan term is one year, the total interest should be KSH 10,000 *0.0005*365= KSH 1825.
Late payments and overpayments:
What happens when you make a late payment for your Okash loan?
Late payments of your okash loan attract a late fee. They charge you 2% per day on the outstanding amount that you haven’t paid after the agreed repayment date has passed.
If you overpay your okash loan, what happens?
Have you made an over-payment for your okash loan repayment, there is no need to worry. The amount you overpaid will be reversed to your mpesa account. This will normally happen within 14 days.
What information does okash require to install on your phone?
Before you install and download okash on your phone, the loan app requires certain permissions from you to access your mobile phone. As the owner and end-user of your phone, okash requires certain access to your phone system.
What does the app access in terms of privacy and permissions?
Well, here are the permissions that you will need to allow okash to access in order to use the loan application.
- Device & app history- retrieve running apps
- Identity- find accounts on the device
- Calendar- read calendar events plus confidential information and add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners’ knowledge
- Contacts- find accounts on the device and read your contacts
- Location- approximate location (network-based), precise location (GPS and network-based) and access extra location provider commands
- SMS- read your text messages (SMS or MMS) and receive text messages (SMS)
- Phone- read phone status and identity
- Photos/Media/Files- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Storage- read the contents of your USB storage and modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- Wi-Fi connection information- view Wi-Fi connections
- Device ID & call information- read phone status and identity
Did you find this article helpful? Then don’t forget to leave a like on our facebook page , twitter page and without a doubt share with a friend you would like to saidia. Also, feel free to leave a comment below.
Yes Makau. You can apply for m-pesa loans on okash and also from this other mpesa loan apps in kenya.
Hi Makau, the best places you can qualify for ksh 15,000 loan is either on branch, tala or mshwari. But you need to grow your loan limit with this apps first.
Hello admin I have an okash account on my opay I have been trying to login but no way could this be the reason I have checked other websites and I saw similar post like this on other websites
Please assist me to solve this issue admin
Hi Immanuel. The trouble may be because of a few changes made to opay platform. See what techpoint africa had to say about it. Also, try these other loan lending apps found in Kenya.