In order to apply for a Zenka loan you will need to first download and install the app onto your phone. Once that is done, you will then go through the zenka registration process. When registering for an account, make sure to fill in all the required details. Complete these steps in the zenka loan application process and you can proceed to apply and qualify for a loan on the Zenka app using the guide below.
Have you ever been in a situation where you needed to quickly apply for a cash loan from an app like zenka? For example, when you get a financial emergency and you urgently need money to sort it out.
Kwanza during mid-month! The time where you need to borrow money to help in paying bills from KPLC for electricity tokens. Or you need some cash to top up your rent, water bill, or pay school fees.
Below is a step by step guide on how to apply for a loan using the Zenka loan app in 2020. Before you proceed, make sure you have downloaded the app on your phone. Don’t have a smartphone? No need to worry, you can borrow a loan without one.
This is by using the zenka USSD code service. Just dial the Zenka USSD code *841# directly from your phone.
Steps on how to apply for a Zenka loan on the mobile app
Follow these steps
- Open the Zenka app.
- Press ‘sign in‘
- Confirm the mobile number then press next.
- Key in your 4-digit PIN and press sign in.
- You will see how much money you qualify for and the number of days to repay.
- Press ‘Apply now‘
- Confirm the loan summary details which include ‘Total amount‘, ‘Due date‘, ‘Next repayment‘, ‘number of installments‘ and ‘principal‘.
- Select ‘GET LOAN‘.
- Next, your application will be reviewed.
- You will then receive an SMS form zenka SMS number 40730 informing you that your loan is being processed.
- Finally, your loan will be sent to you through m-pesa. This takes about 5 minutes.
Luckily, Zenka loan app is here to help. Get a loan quickly and instantly once you apply and the money is sent directly to your m-pesa account. The good news is that you can apply for a zenka loan whether you have a smartphone or a none smartphone like a ‘kabambe’.
Moreover, Zenka gives you options when you want to apply for a loan in that you can do so on an android phone or an apple iOs device.
How to Get Zenka loan (with pictures step by step):
Follow the steps below to apply for a loan using the zenka USSD number.
Steps on how to apply for a zenka loan using zenka USSD code *841#
Follow the steps below
- Dial *841# on your phone.
- Next, enter your user PIN.
- Select ‘Apply for full limit‘ or the amount you need.
- Next, you will be shown how much you qualify for.
- Select the loan amount you need.
- Choose the loan repayment period and confirm.
- Your loan will be sent directly to your phone on your m-pesa account.
Apply for a Zenka loan on apple iOS phone:
Zenka also available in the apple store for iOS users. Once you download and install it on your phone, follow the same procedures for android users to register and apply for a loan.
How to download zenka loan app and install it on your phone
To gain access to the Zenka mobile loan using the app, you first need to download the application from the google play store or the Apple app store.
Follow the steps below to download the zenka app
- Open the google play store on your phone.
- Type ‘zenka loan app’ and press enter
- Select the ‘Zenka loan app’
- Press the ‘install’ button.
- Select ‘accept’ to agree to the access rights the app will have.
- Wait for the zenka app download to complete and it will install automatically.
- Next, press ‘open’.
Register for a Zenka loan account on the app
- Open the Zenka loan app
- Next press ‘register‘ where it says ‘New customer? Register here:’
- Now, Enter your mobile number. 07** *** *** Note, zenka loan is only available to Safaricom subscribers
- Press ‘next‘
- You will need to fill in your ‘basic information about you‘
- Start with your ‘first name‘, ‘last name‘ and ‘National ID‘ number.
- Next, you will need to fill in the ‘Tell us something more about you‘ section.
- Select your ‘education level‘ (Basic/Secondary, Vocational Training, Undergraduate, Post Graduate Diploma/Graduate), ‘source of income‘( Employed – Public sector, Employed – Private sector, Self-employed, unemployed, student), ‘net monthly income‘ (<20,000, 20,001 – 30,000, 30,0001 – 50,000, 50,0001 – 100,000, >100,000) and ‘email address‘.
- Next, you will need to secure your account by filling in the ‘help us secure your account‘ section.
- Start by selecting your security question. ‘What is your mother’s maiden name’, what town were you born in?, what high school did you go to?
- Then enter a 4-digit PIN where it says ‘create a 4-digit PIN’. Note, your PIN cannot be repeated numbers i.e. same number e.g. 1111 or numbers that follow each other e.g. 1234
- Enter promo code AJWBG
- Now press ‘AGREE AND SIGN UP’
- You will receive a confirmation SMS form Zenka confirming that ‘your registration was successful’
- Next, verify your mobile number using the SMS code sent to you by Zenka.
- Final step is to invite friends, but you can skip this step by pressing ‘No thanks’.
- You are now ready to apply for a Zenka loan.
Questions asked when registering for a zenka loan:
Once you open the the Zenka loan app for the first time after downloading and installing it on your phone, you will need to register for a zenka account.
Next, you will be asked to ‘Enter your mobile number to register’. For you to apply for a Zenka loan, you need to have a Safaricom number.
A question that is normally asked is if you can apply for a zenka loan on other networks in Kenya like Telkom and airtel. Currently, zenka doesn’t support the application of loans from other networks like Airtel and Telkom Kenya, only Safaricom network.
Zenka registration form questions:
In this part, you will need to answer a list of 7 questions that zenka asks. Don’t worry, they aren’t difficult. Once you have finished with this set of simple questions, you can then proceed to apply for a zenka loan.
note: you should answer these questions as truthfully as possible. Because zenka can reference other databases to verify if the information you have given is accurate. The more accurate your info, the higher your chances are of qualifying for a loan.
Basic information about you:
The first set of questions is you will need to complete are ‘basic information about you’. This includes;
- Your first name
- Your last name
- National ID
Tell us something more about you:
The next section to fill in is the ‘Tell us something more about you’ section. Here zenka will want to get more details about you like:
Your education level:
This question requires you to select the level of education you have attained. You can select either;
- Basic/secondary: This is education from nursery school, class one all the way to form four. If your education level is within this range, then select this option.
- Vocation Training: This refers to the education level attained after high school where you studied to become a technician or an artisan e.g. carpenter, electrician, or a plumber. If this is what you studied for, then select this option.
- Undergraduate: This is education that you take up after secondary education. It includes certificates, diplomas up to bachelor’s degrees. If this is your level of education, select this option in the zenka app.
- Postgraduate diploma / graduate: This education level means that you have graduated with a diploma or degree. Also, you could be pursuing (or have pursued), higher levels of education such as a masters course or a PhD
Source of income:
Basically, this question wants you to say where you get your money from. You can select one of the following options:
- Employed – Public sector: Select this if you earn a salary from a government intuition either a ministry, county, police, public schools, military or parastatal.
- Employed private sector: Select this option if you earn a salary either from a small business, company, or multi-national.
- Self-Employed: This option is for a person who runs a business or a company and pays him/herself from the proceeds of the biashara.
- Unemployed: This option is to be selected y those who do not have a source of income yet.
- Student: If you are still studying, i.e. you are in school perusing your education, then this is the option to select.
Net monthly income:
When applying for a Zenka loan, they will want to know how much you earn. This amount is categorized into 5 earning sections:
- <20,000: Earning less than 20,000 ksh per month.
- 20,001 – 30,000: Earning above 20,000 Ksh and below 30,000 Ksh per month.
- 30,001 – 50,000: Person earning above 30,000 Ksh upto Ksh 50,000 per month.
- 50,001 – 100,000: This is the category of people earning above Ksh 50,000 up to Ksh 100,000 per month.
- >100,000: This is the category of people earning over ksh 100, 000 per month.
Make sure you choose correctly which earnings category you fall into. Remember, Zenka can cross-reference this information so make sure you answer as accurately as possible. This increases your chances of qualifying for a loan.
The final question asked when registering is for you to input your email address.
After filling in your email address, you will press next.
Securing your Zenka account:
The final step in registering for a Zenka account is to secure it with a 4-digit passcode. What this does is help ensure that no one can access your account apart from you.
That way, your account is secure every time you need to apply for a zenka loan.
The next questions are part of the ‘help us secure your account’ section when finalizing the registration process.
Select your security question:
This is a very important part of the Zenka registration process. The security question is used to reset your 4-digit PIN when you forget it. When you are at this stage, you can select either one of three questions.
- What is your mother’s maiden name?
- What town were you born in?
- What high school did you go to?
After you’ve selected the security question, the next step is to create a 4 digit PIN
When creating a 4-digit PIN for your Zenka account, make sure that:
- You do not use the same numbers i.e. 1111
- You do not use consecutive numbers e.g. 1234
Failure to do so will get a ‘validation failed’ message from the Zenka loan app.
A validation failed message during the zenka registration process comes about when you don’t follow the correct guideline of creating a 4-digit PIN.
Instead, make sure your PIN is made up of a unique number combination for example 1697 or 2354.
Zenka promo code:
Fill in the Zenka promo code AJWBG when you are asked in the app to help show who referred you to use the app. Also, because promo codes are given to people using the Zenka app already, it can boost your chances of getting a loan.
The promo will act as a referee when applying for a loan, so feel free to use code AJWBG.
After you key in the Promo code, press Agree and sign up. You are now ready to apply for your first Zenka loan.
In order to quickly apply and qualify for a loan on zenka, you will need to go through a step-by-step procedure. First, you will need to download the app from the google play store or the Apple iOS app store. After successfully downloading and installing zenka, you then need to fill in the zenka registration form. Finally, when you can apply for a loan on the zenka app.
Don’t have a smartphone, then in this case you do not have to worry. Use the zenka USSD code *841# to register and apply for a loan on zenka, with no smartphone.
It’s as simple as that.